Sunday, July 31, 2011

Country Folk

So, I've been meaning to post this for a while now. I keep telling myself I'll do it one day, and then the next day comes and I tell myself I'll do it then.
At any rate, here's my newest post, and my first foray into the professional business so to speak.

About a month ago in late June, I happened upon a concert review website that was in need of photographers in the area. Every june for the past 20+ in the western slope of Colorado, a country music festival known as 'Country Jam' hosts a variety of well-known to emerging country music artists and bands over the course of 3-4 days. For whatever reason, the editor of the site was short on photographers and needed some hands on site. Though country music isn't really my thing, I still took the job.

So, armed with a press pass, I went over to a ranch near Mack, CO every day from the 23rd to the 26th to take pictures of all the acts as they showed their stuff on the main stage. While most of the bands and artists were new to me, I still recognized a few faces (such as Alan Jackson, Clint Black, and Lady Antebellum)

Here's a small taste of what I took.

Hillary Scott of Lady Antebellum

Charles Kelley of Lady Antebellum

The famous Alan Jackson!

(L-R) Jimi Westbrook, Karen Fairchild, and Kimberly Schlapman of Little Big Town

Chris Lucas of the LoCash Cowboys

Mark Sissel and Lane Turner of Western Underground

Lane Turner of Western Underground

If you care to look at everything I edited and submitted for digital publication, check out this link right here: http://www.theconcertscene.com/Country_Jam.html
Each set is divided into different photo pages, so you have to click on each name to view them.

(Note: by my own choice, I'm credited as 'Kit Foster.' It's just a name I use now and again. The name may be different from what most of you are used to, but I'm still the same, more or less ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment